Our Learning Story
Set high expectations, develop the whole child and provide an educational model designed to improve the achievement of all students by:
- Emphasizing the importance of quality teaching
- Early intervention and regular progress monitoring
- Encouraging and valuing input and involvement of all staff, parents, students and the community at large
Peachland Elementary School is the only public educational facility located in the quiet rural, lakeside and lake-view community of Peachland, BC; with a population of approximately 5000 residents. Our school currently enrolls 190 students, 10% having an Indigenous ancestry. The majority of students who begin their schooling in Peachland stay with the school until the end of grade 5.
Our parents and local community have been excellent supporters for our school. Peachland Elementary is very much a part of the social fabric of this great community. Our community is very diverse, covering a wide range of socio-economic environments. As such, we do our best to both celebrate our diversities and to foster a culture of inclusion and acceptance.
What does it mean to be an engaged learner at PLE?
We sought to answer this by asking our teachers, parents and students three questions:
1) What matters most to you as a (teacher, parent, student) at PLE?
2) What do you value most for the students and their learning?
3) What does this sound like, look like and feel like at PLE?
We are completing this consultation process in October, 2019. Once feedback is obtained, key words will be used to create word map (or "Wordle"), with the words most emphasized in the feedback being shown in larger print.